Travelling through Pistachio Recipes
The pistachio is our aim always and today takes us on a trip so that we know the world through different dishes prepared with pistachio and Pistachio Recipes.
Spain only in the last decade is known as a pistachio producer and also of high quality: the Pistachio of La Mancha. There is no culinary tradition with this nut. And it is very curious because our Mediterranean neighbors have taken advantage of it. Do you want to know how? Without further delays, this precious nut that we at Domo Pistacho take care for our customers; “Today takes us on a journey”.
First stop through Pistachios Recipes: The Arab Cuisine
We are talking about Arab cuisine because naming all the countries that cook dishes prepared with pistachio would be endless. We could talk about all the countries that go from Turkey to the Middle East and the Maghreb.
- In this case we call your attention to the famous cakes called Baklava with base is a thin puff pastry filled with an exquisite crushed pistachio paste and sweetened with a topping of honey. A delight!
- Then we headed to Egypt and we ordered a Maskina for dessert, a delicious cake made from flour, powdered sugar, cream, oil and pistachios or instead a variety of dried fruits. It is very simple to prepare and is delicious.
Second stop through Pistachio Recipes: Italy
The further south we go, we find the pistachio as a key ingredient in cuisine recipes. Without a doubt, there is a long and varied Pistachio Recipes prepared with pistachio in Southern Italy.
- We start with the Cannoli, a traditional sweet consisting of a cannelloni made of a sweet dough and filled with ricotta, orange, pistachio and a touch of Marsala liqueur.
- We carry on with a cake that is only suitable for those with a sweet tooth, called Cassata. And although we are talking about Sicilian cuisine, the origin of the name comes from the Arabic word “quas’at” which identifies the round container where the cake is prepared. This cake is made with a sponge cake, ricotta cream with chocolate chips, pistachio marzipan and candied fruits. A whim!
- One of the most popular and appreciated desserts is Pistachio ice cream. In this way, the palate is able to savor the authentic nuance that the nut of pistachio offers us. Thus, so fresh and with an artisan elaboration, the quality of the pistachios are everything !!
- We are going to say goodbye to Italy with a salty recipe. Although it is not the only one, it is the most famous in this country. In fact, you cannot leave Sicily without trying an authentic pasta with Pistachio Pesto. It is a very simple and healthy recipe that will give your dishes another touch. Very special one.
Third stop through our journey of Pistachio Recipes: India
In this case and without upsetting you, we will not be able to carry on and to give you names of dishes prepared with pistachio, because what is usually done in this country is to season many of its recipes with pistachio powder or pistachio puree. The use of pistachio for both savory and sweet dishes is very popular. That is why it is very easy to find, for instance, rice flavored with saffron and pistachios or some unique diamond-shaped green pasta (pistachio).
Last stop in our journey: Spain
Who does not lick himself just thinking of pistachio nougat? Or caramelized pistachios? And what happens when we get them as an aperitif? Well, they always taste not enough and we have to ask for more. The truth is that we are very lucky because pistachios grown in La Mancha have a more intense taste than other origins. The best. So, we do encourage you to try further and enriching your dishes with pistachio. We are sure that from now on salads, pizzas, rice, pasta and of course desserts … will surprise anyone.
We hope you have enjoyed this particular trip with our friend: The Pistachio. If you dare to prepare any of these dishes or create new Spanish recipes including this secret ingredient, do not hesitate to share it on social media and to tag us! You will find us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
It is a pleasure to learn from you!! Until soon.